Bison Sliders with Sweet Potato Fry Buns
Prep time: 10
Cook time: 10
Recipe & Photography by The Kitcheneer
Here’s a bite-sized twist on an old classic and just in time for your Memorial Day celebrations! Everyday is a grilling day for those of us who love the taste of grilled proteins. Our clean meat bison slider with a paleo friendly sweet potato bun is sure to be a great hit.
Recipe: Bison Sliders with Sweet Potato Fry Buns
1 lb. ground bison from The Honest Bison (Click here to purchase ground bison)
1 tsp each of salt & pepper
1 large, spiralized sweet potato
1 tbsp olive oil
Ingredients (Aioli): Optional but very tasty
3 tbsp mayo
1 tbsp sundried tomatoes
1 garlic clove
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add spiralized sweet potato.
- Toss olive oil with the sweet potatoes and saute for 5 minutes or until sweet potato is softened.
- In a greased muffin tin, fill 8 cups with the sweet potato curly fries.
- Bake curly fry buns for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill or grilling plate on medium heat.
- Combine ground bison with salt and pepper and form into small 2″ patties.
- Grill patties for 6 minutes (3/side).
- In a food processor, combine all aioli ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Top each bun with a patty and add a little sun-dried tomato aioli and top with your favorites!
Every day is a good grilling day. Even when it rains and you have to hold an umbrella while you cook.
So let’s talk sliders, the all-American appetizer/pub food.
Memorial Day is quickly approaching which means honoring our fallen heroes and celebrating our freedom because of them. We lift our glasses in a salute to all who served and then It’s all about grilling and relaxing with friends and family by the pool (preferably) or in the shade of your backyard patio.
Bison from The Honest Bison is not only clean protein, raised on grassy pastures with no added agri-chemicals used, it is extra tender, juicy, and full of flavor.
We season our meat simply as they really don’t need much. Just some salt, pepper, cream of tartar (my secret for extra juicy burgers), and a pinch of cayenne pepper if you like them spicy.
Feel free to add your own dash of pepper or herb blend, Bison is so tasty it won’t need much!
Pull out your spiralizer, soften the noodles in a pan, and pack them into a muffin tin. The result will be sweet potato curly fry buns. Your family and friends will be too thrilled with the idea of eating a burger and french fries all in one bite! Top the sliders with your own home made ailoli.