Summer is coming, temps are rising, you are outside working up a sweat. Kill that Thirst! Wrap your tongue in a specialty craft brewed beer meticulously brewed by one of America’s best small batch breweries. Gage Outdoors has partnered with the Craft Beer club to give you an insider’s view of this unique industry.
Many of our customers love a great beer after a long day of hunting, fishing, or just being outdoors. The best thing about joining The Original Craft Beer club is that you get to read about the way each one of the carefully selected breweries makes their beer. You also get to see customer comments on all the various styles of beer giving you the insider’s scoop about how these small batch breweries create “not your average beer”. Once a month you get to try 12 new beers and we urge you to pair the beer with some of your favorite foods, see what combo you like best. Beer tastes particularly refreshing when you are grilling up your favorite meat and having that “friends and family” barbeque.
Check out the latest recipe added to our Special Recipes folder, LakeFront Brewery’s Beer Cheese soup.
Growing up in Wisconsin, there are two things you know everyone loves: Cheese and Beer. The recipe below will treat your taste buds to both items all at once. Beer Cheese soup is a Wisconsin favorite, we think you will love it too.
Lakefront Brewery’s Beer Cheese Soup
Presented by LakeFront Brewery as featured in the Craft Beer Club subscription, click here for more info!
A rich and creamy soup that will pair wonderfully with your favorite Red Ale.
Prep Time: 12 Minutes
Cook Time: 100 Minutes
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, diced
- 8 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Lakefront Fixed Gear, American Red Ale
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups beef broth
- 14 oz. cheese spread
- 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Cook bacon in a sauce pan. Drain about half of the grease from the saucepan, and saute celery and onion in the pan. In a blender or food processor, puree bacon, onion, and celery with beer and grated carrot.
- Combine pureed ingredients with milk, beef broth, cheese spread, Cheddar cheese, and Cajun seasoning in a kettle or slow cooker and cook on low heat for 1 to 2 hours. Enjoy with a Lakefront Fixed Gear American Red Ale!
Great recipe choice! The one above, as well as all of our other craft beer recipe pairings are selected with each beer style in mind to further enhance your Craft Beer Club experience. These recipes are often provided by the craft breweries themselves to go with their featured beers, so you know it’s got to be a great match!