Nicaragua Duck Hunts | Nicaragua Dove Hunts
Nicaragua offers some of the world’s best duck and dove hunting and is located within 3.5 hours of Miami and Houston. This prime location for duck and dove hunting is one of the hunting world’s best kept secrets. Nicaragua, situated in Central America between Honduras and Costa Rica, is known for its cascading waterfalls, lush jungles, deep blue seas and refreshing lagoons. These are the perfect environments for Nicaragua’s native species of black bellied whistlers, pintails, blue-winged teal and white-winged doves.
Over the past few years, duck and dove hunting in Nicaragua has taken over a niche that was once dominated by Mexico. Unfortunately, Mexico is no longer safe in many locations and Nicaragua is the perfect alternative for high volume dove shooting and exciting Nicaragua duck hunts. Embark on an exciting Nicaragua duck and dove hunt and you and your buddies will have a unique opportunity to hunt in a variety of habitats just forty minutes outside of central Managua! Drives to the fields are primarily on smooth paved roads and you will travel in comfortable, air conditioned vans. Nicaragua is known to be one of the safest countries in Central America and when booking your duck or dove hunting excursion with Gage Outdoor Expeditions, safety is our top priority.
The Duck Hunting in Nicaragua
The duck hunting is primarily in picturesque lagoons, with a majestic backdrop of mountains and an active volcano. Ducks are mostly blue winged teal and fulvous tree ducks, although you will see a mix of green winged teal, wigeon and pintails at times. The limits for ducks is 25 per shoot per hunter or until you run out of allotted shotgun shells. The duck hunting in Nicaragua is done mainly from dry blinds but is dictated by rainfall and at times you may need to get wet. Nicaragua duck hunting is done over decoys, well placed among the reeds and mangroves, with no more than two hunters to a blind. Transportation is provided by airboat or mud boats & 4 X 4 vehicles to transport you to the hunting locations. We offer all the equipment needed to get you to the right place at the right time for a wonderful hunting experience.
Book Your Duck Hunt Today!
The Dove Hunting in Nicaragua
The Dove Shooting in Nicaragua is not as fast paced as Argentina but compares favorably to Mexico. Hunters can expect to average 5 to 10 boxes per shoot. The hotel is no more than 20 to 60 minutes from the hunting fields, so you do not have a long journey getting to your hunt. Wondering what happens to your quarry after the hunt? It's a comforting sight to see families lined up at the fields to receive ducks and doves that were collected after the hunts. The bird boys are dedicated to bringing in the downed birds and it's reassuring to know your game will be some family's evening meal. Nicaragua is a great country and we have close relationships with the local population. Our staff is exceptional at getting results for our clients.
Book Your Dove Hunt Today!
The Luxury Accommodations
You will stay at the luxurious Hotel Farallones in Chinandega. The Farallones features single room accommodations, Cable TV, WiFi access and air conditioning. There is a large swimming pool and lounge area to relax with a cocktail after your exciting day or Nicaragua Dove and Duck hunting. Meals are served on site at the restaurant and lounge. Your host will usually host a BBQ one evening of local meats as well as ducks and doves from the days hunt.
We have over 30 different gun options in inventory:
- Benellis (Vinci 12 ga, Cordova 12 ga, M2 20 ga, Montefeltro 20 ga)
- Berettas (A3901, Xtrema II, Xtrema 400, Outlanders – all in 12 ga)
- Remington (1100 and 1187)
Duck and Dove Hunting Season
The Duck hunting season in Nicaragua starts in November and runs through February, depending on water conditions. We will usually know how the water levels are looking by early December, which will dictate how far into February we offer hunts. Dove hunts are offered November - March and the hunting is always good.
November - January 18, 2017
- Package of 6 dove hunts $2,280.00
- Package of 4 duck and 2 dove hunts $3,600.00
- Package of 6 duck hunts $4,440.00
*All packages require a minimum of 6 hunters and max of 12 hunters. There is no exclusivity for any groups unless arranged in advance for a fee.
Available Dates For 2017-18 Nicaragua Hunts
DUCK HUNT ONLY - 3 day hunt ($ 3,600.00)
October 25-29 = Ducks only
3 DAY DUCK/DOVE COMBO ($3,600.00)
November 17-21, December 17-21, January 8-12
2016 - 3 DAY DOVE HUNT($1,800)
February 2016 = 4-8th, 18-22th, 22-26 th
March 2016 = 2-6th, 9-13th, 16-20, 30-April 3
April 2016 = 6-10th, 13-17th, 20-24th, 24-30th
What is included:
- Gun registration (two guns)
- Hunting permit costs
- Airports meet and greet personal service
- Ground transportation from and to airport and to the hunting fields
- 3 days of professionally guided hunted – type up hunts dependent on package
- 4 nights SINGLE ROOMS ACCOMMODATIONS at the hotel
- Beer, soft drinks and water while in transport
What is not included:
- Airfare to Managua, Nicaragua
- Airport arriving $10 taxes
- Shotgun shells US$ 17.00 per box of 25 duck loads and $ 15.00 per box of 25 dove loads
- Gun Rental - $75 per day
- Bird pick-up boys
- Beverages at the hotel
(suggested tips per pick boy is $150.00 for dove hunts and $225.00 for 3 days of duck only hunt)
$120.00 per person is suggested for staff tips
Nicaragua Duck & Dove Hunting Itinerary - 4 duck hunts & 2 dove hunts
DEPART FOR MANAGUA
- Flights to Managua depart from Miami on American Airlines, Houston on United Airlines
Day 1 - ARRIVAL IN MANAGUA / HOTEL CHECK - IN
- Afternoon or early evening arrival at Managua International Airport
- Our Guide will meet you at the airport in Managua and escort you to your hotel in Chinandega, The Los Farrallones Hotel- about 1 ¾ hour transfer http://www.faralloneshotel.com/
- Take time to relax and get showered before our guide and driver take you out for dinner at one of our restaurants.
- After the evening dinner enjoy the sights and sounds of Chinandega
Day 2 - 4 Full Days of Hunting
- Wake up early for breakfast at the Hotel. You will be picked up by your guide
- Head out to the fields or ducks blinds
- Lunch back at the hotel with some relaxation time
- Back out to the field for an afternoon of hunting
- Your hosts will meet you for the evening dinner to talk about the day
- Same as previous.
Day 5 Departure
- Wake up and have breakfast and your guide and driver will transport you to the airport for your departure back to your home city.
Frequently asked questions
- Airport fee due upon arrival to Nicaragua $10.00 arrival $30.00 departure
- If you want to bring your own gun you will need to submit the following to us 45 days prior to your trip.
Passport picture page, Customs form 4457 or other proof of gun ownership, Hunting permit or club membership, Must be turned into us at least one month prior to departure.
- Credit Cards or Checks are not accepted in the Airport.
- Credit Cards are accepted by most hotels & restaurants.
- You can pay with USD for most services but know the exchange rate.
- We do not recommend trying to bring home any meat from your harvest.
- We can have your bird's taxidermy handled in Nicaragua and shipped to you.
- Hunters traveling from the USA do not need a visa to enter Nicaragua.
- Minimum numbers of hunters is 4, maximum is 12 per group.
- You cannot bring your own shells to Nicaragua.
- Nicaragua is mostly Spanish Speaking.
- Voltage in Nicaragua is 110V.
- It is recommended to drink purified water.
- No vaccinations are required for US Citizens to enter Nicaragua.
- It is not recommended to try and drive in Nicaragua.